southtexasclark

Need to fix a Payers TIN number on my rejected efiled form. Cant seem to get to the correct place to correct this number

I missed typed the Payers TIN number.  Help me correct that number on my taxes so I can refile
Irene2805

On what form was the income reported  [W-2, 1099]?

In your return click the Wages & Income tab at the top of the screen.  You will see a list of the income you have already entered.  If any of these entries look like they may be the one you're looking for, click the box at the end of the line.  You will be taken to the entry screen for that income.

southtexasclark

I found the error, mistyped by me, correction made and resubmitted taxes, but have had no response 

southtexasclark

I finally got to the info and corrected the TIN number, moved through tax form and thought I resubmitted however, still shows pending.  Do I have to mail the form in or will efile be completed.

southtexasclark

after correction, will efile be complete and resent to IRS?

BillM223

If your initial e-file attempt was rejected, then it was as if you did not e-file. Therefore, you could make any corrections you needed to and then go through the process of e-filing again. (i.e., e-file is not automatic, you need to do it again).

The IRS has announced that they will open the e-file process today (1/27/2020); however, it may take a bit of time for them to work through the backlog.

Give it a couple of days and see if you get an "Accepted" or "Rejected".

PAHHAR

Please send me the link to find the efile return

BillM223

"Please send me the link to find the efile return" - what link to what e-filed return?

You mean the return you just e-filed? 

Did you not save a PDF of copy of your return? If not, try to reopen TurboTax and look to the left for Tax Tools, click on that, then click on Print Center underneath. You should be able to create the PDF of your return here.

Or did you mean something else?