Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ngatlin79

Need IP pin how do I get one

How can I get a new ip pin if I don't live at the address the IRS has
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

@ ngatlin79 wrote:
How can I get a new ip pin if I don't live at the address the IRS has

Did you try to retrieve your 2021 IP PIN at the IRS website?  

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/retrieve-your-ip-pin

And are you wanting to say that you are unable to retrieve your 2021 IP PIN online because you can't get past the verification to register for an IRS account?  Is that why you mentioned "address?"   If you are unable to use the IP PIN retrieval tool, see the following, pasted from the IRS website:

"How to get your IP PIN reissued

"If you're unable to retrieve your IP PIN online, you may call the IRS at 800-908-4490 for specialized assistance, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time), to have your IP PIN reissued. An assistor will verify your identity and mail your IP PIN to your address of record within 21 days.

Exceptions:

• If you’ve moved since January 1 of this year, or
  • It’s after October 14 and you haven’t filed your current or prior year Forms 1040 or 1040 PR/SS.

If you fall under the exceptions and if you cannot access the "Get an IP PIN" online tool, your best alternative at this time is to file your tax return by paper without your IP PIN.

You’ll need to complete and mail a paper return without your IP PIN. (The IRS) will review your return to confirm it’s yours, but this may delay any refund you’re due."

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies