alisomerset334

My wife is a stay at home mom and has no income. Can I claim her for a tax credit?

How do I file if my wife didn't work all year because we had a baby and 3 more kids? We do live together?
LinaJ2018

No, there is no special tax credit for being a stay at home mother, unfortunately. 

If you are married, you can file a joint return with your spouse. The Married Filing Jointly filing status gives you a higher tax break, even if one spouse had little or no income. When you file a joint return, you and your spouse will each receive the $4050 personal exemption, plus the married filing jointly standard deduction of $12,600 (add $1250 for each spouse over the age of 65).  You might also be eligible for more credits including education credits, earned income credit, child and dependent care credit, and a larger income limitations for claiming child tax credit