teamaglic

My w-2 has a NYPFL but I never took a paid family leave, what do I do?

ToddL99

You do not have to do anything. Your W-2 is reporting the amount deducted from your pay as premiums for the New York Paid Family Leave program (see Box 14 of Form W-2). You pay those premiums whether or not you take Paid Family Leave.

New York Paid Family Leave is insurance that may be funded by employees through payroll deductions. Each year, the Department of Financial Services sets the employee contribution rate to match the cost of coverage.

In 2021, the employee contribution is 0.511% of an employee’s gross wages each pay period. The maximum annual contribution is $385.34. Pursuant to the Department of Tax Notice No. N-17-12 [PDF], Paid Family Leave contributions are deducted from employees’ after-tax wages.

ToddL99