turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gikonen

My TurboTax State tax form for Virginia shows VA760CG, however, on checking the Virginia State forms I see no such form. Is 2017 VA760CG the correct form?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My TurboTax State tax form for Virginia shows VA760CG, however, on checking the Virginia State forms I see no such form. Is 2017 VA760CG the correct form?

Software vendors are required to use the 760CG version, it is the same as the 760 available on their site, which is the version which can be picked up at the post office, for those print filing. 

By the way, the CG stands for Computer Generated, per the state. 

dwwalsh844
Returning Member

Why do I have an entry on Line 6 indicating income tax overpayment?  Where does that come from??

That would be your tax refund from last year, comes from the federal Schedule 1, line 1. 

I'm in Virginia, can I paper file VA760CG generated by the TurboTax software? I'm filing jointly for federal but because my spouse is in FL I have to use MFS for my VA return and the TurboTax site directs me to a post about filing by paper after doing a mock MFS federal, which is fine (figured out how to print before filing) but the export only has the CG version so I'm not sure if VA will accept it if I just print and send the state section by mail.

Thanks.

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can mail in your VA state return.  To send in your return, you will use the following address:

Refund Returns

Virginia Department of Taxation
P.O. Box 1498
Richmond, VA 23218-1498

Tax Due Returns

Virginia Department of Taxation
P.O. Box 760
Richmond, VA 23218-0760

@massiveloop 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies