turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My Turbotax 2019 for Mac no longer opens

None by TT.  This is a disgrace.  Several contributor to this log have found some work-arounds that permitted them to eventually file their taxes. But no thanks to TT technical support which stubbornly refers callers to irrelevant help pages or asks customers to try solutions  which have been repeatedly debunked as useless (e.g., upgrade to Catalina). What is puzzling is that TT does not even monitor this blog to learn what has been tried and worked. The solution for many long time TT users posting in this blog, me included,  is to switch from next year to a new product.

I did ask for a refund on the state filing fee.  I had my "order number" for the unsuccessful filing attempt and it was refunded promptly.  I hope they fix it too.  I also spent 2 hrs trying fix.  PITA.

Cedarcottage
Returning Member

I have the receipt for the state tax return expenditure that TurboTax did not deliver.  Where do I send that to get the refund?

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is for a different issue.

VHRoper

Just use Firefox instead of Safari.

@VHRoper wrote:

Just use Firefox instead of Safari.

I don't know what you are asking about.  This thread is about a problem a user was having with the CD/download software  installed on a Mac.  No browser is used or needed with the desktop software.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

@CassLO:Dead link. This reply is unhelpful.

Hi, @George21. What was the free utility that you used to completely uninstall TT?

As of Monday, May 4, this remains an ongoing problem with no appropriate solution or support from Intuit. I encountered the problem upon purchasing the AuditDefense add-on. The application bombed, and I committed the sin of sending the trouble ticket as requested.

Platform: Mac, High Sierra

Cedarcottage
Returning Member

No didn't use a utility.  Just put all in trash.  Should I use a utility?

AppCleaner

I am sure there are others, also for free.

I tried putting it all in the trash, and it did not work.  I had to use an app to remove all the hidden items in my libraries.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did removing all of your hidden TurboTax files work?

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac for all the files.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Yes. I tried just moving Turbotax into the trash bin, but that did not solve the problem.  I used an app to remove everything.  It was easy and fast.  Then I reinstalled Turbotax, and it worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies