turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020Taxreturn
Returning Member

My Turbotax 2019 for Mac no longer opens

I had the same issue on my TT Home Business 2020 on my Mac.  If you go into your library using the "Option" key on your computer, they Catches, check to see if there is a TT item there, if so delete it, your TT should work after that.  

@renatom Your solution totally worked.  Followed the link and now I'm up and running my TurboTax 2021.  Thank you!  The key is also not to send error messages to TurboTax.  If you do, that will kill the TurboTax.

The key when uninstalling TurboTax to also remove:

~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

That is not in the FAQ.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
jf13
Returning Member

@renatom Thank you! That worked for me. What a relief!

I jumped through the hoops to get it updated on my Mac.  Now it's just static and doing nothing.  I choose 'file new return' and nothing happens.  What is going on?

@Claretslave wrote:

I jumped through the hoops to get it updated on my Mac.  Now it's just static and doing nothing.  I choose 'file new return' and nothing happens.  What is going on?

If restarting the Mac does not fix it then:

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2020 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

To remove TurboTax from your computer, you'll need administrative rights.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies