turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes got rejected because of a wrong letter in my name, I fixed it and pressed continue does this mean my taxes got refilled with today's date instead of the date I originally filed? Will they get

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristyW

My taxes got rejected because of a wrong letter in my name, I fixed it and pressed continue does this mean my taxes got refilled with today's date instead of the date I originally filed? Will they get

Yes, your taxes will have today's date as the date they are transmitted to the IRS. Fortunately today is the day the IRS starts accepting returns. All returns transmitted before today will have the transmittal date of 01/29/2018, therefore fixing and transmitting your return again today will not cause a delay in your refund once it is accepted.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tai

If I waited for the last day to file my taxes and it was filed then rejected. And I have to wait 5-6 business days for my info to come in the mail. Will I still be able to get my tax return?
ChristyW

Yes, your taxes will have today's date as the date they are transmitted to the IRS. Fortunately today is the day the IRS starts accepting returns. All returns transmitted before today will have the transmittal date of 01/29/2018, therefore fixing and transmitting your return again today will not cause a delay in your refund once it is accepted.

Turbotax is not allowing the to re-file my return because of this payment date problem: the rejection fix is to use today's date but the final check run right before I'm able to file demands the date to be"tomorrow or the next business date". So it's finally impossible for me to file it correctly.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies