turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My tax return is being rejected with code FW2-001-02 which relates to a checked box 13 related to statutory income. My W2 had no such check in that respective box. Help?

I had the same problem as you. I did the simple fix that you suggested, refiled and my return was quickly accepted. Thanks!

My tax return is being rejected with code FW2-001-02 which relates to a checked box 13 related to statutory income. My W2 had no such check in that respective box. Help?

I had the same problem as bort--ax. I made the simple correction he suggest, refiled and my taxes were quickly accepted.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had the same problem and did what you said and resubmitted.   It's been accepted!

Deleting the value for nonqualified pension in box 10 of the TT w-2 worked for me as well. Thanks!

VH57

Like TK and many others have said.....you need the TT application (NOT on-line version) to fix this issue.  I only had the online version, so could not edit the tax document, so I called TT at 800-624-9066 and talked with an agent there, told them my issue regarding the error FW2-001-02, told them what I learned here about how Box 10 on the W2 form for my non-qual pension was populated erroneously ON THE FORM ONLY and not in the application itself and told her I needed the PC version of TT.  She gave me the PC version of TT for no additional charge.   I downloaded it, transferred by data in, pretty cleanly, I must say, and then went through, step by step to validate everything.....I then went to the upper right corner of the screen before e-filing and went to FORMs, found the W2 for my non-qual pension and saw how it was mis-populated in Box 10.....once I removed that, everything worked fine and both FED and State taxes were  accepted.  The problem is that I had to pay again($20) for the state tax to be filed ....I had already paid $39 for it to be filed with the on-line version. Lesson learned.....NEVER use the online version of TT again.  Thanks all!

Invest56

Got the same error code due to pension information given by Fidelity and State Street.  I am using the TT online.

Double checked the imported W2 information and all was correct.  However, I noticed a problem with my 1099R form from Fidelity.  Fidelity 1099R box 16 (State distribution) was blank.  On my State Street 1099R form, Box 16 has the same value as box 2a (Taxable income).  TT imported this information correctly and my tax returns were rejected.

I filled in my Fidelity 1099R box 16 with the box 2a value (taxable income) in TT, re-submitted and was accepted.  I found this mistake because I was going to re-file with Cash App Taxes and their software flagged this error. 

So for me, not a Turbo Tax issue but a Fidelity issue.

MGM3
Level 2

I think TT has finally fixed this error.  My federal return was just accepted by the IRS.  Waiting on the state to accept it. 

Chuckles960
Returning Member

I called and spoke to an agent. She said basically, too bad, we are not going to fix anything, you have to buy the desktop version. She did not offer a free desktop version unlike what another poster reported above.

I am fortunate in that I can get the desktop version for $5 through Fidelity. But then they took another $20 for the state e-file. So having an error in the online version is a money-maker for Intuit.

I just refiled my tax return and it was accepted by the IRS, I guess TT fixed the problem, I seen another post here that their tax return was also accepted.  I complained on TT facebook page with messenger and they sent me an  email addrss who to contact, I sent them the problem and I guess they fixed the problem.

There is no way to uncheck that box..I've looked and looked. I took a photo of my w2s and I can't even get a screen to look at the photo.. TurboTax sucks man. I paid to get this done and can't get a hold of anyone and all these replies are reiterating things u get as responses on Google. No actual instruction. When the hell are we getting an update to fix this? Does anyone know? This should be immediate.

I think it's fixed for us "online" users.  Rejected over the weekend, and I was preparing to paper file.  Tried e-file again today and am now showing ACCEPTED for Federal E-file in TurboTax.  And I got an email from TT saying the Federal has been accepted.  If memory serves, Ohio traditionally takes a bit longer, so fingers crossed...

When I do this, it changes the refund amounts. Deleting the value in box 10 doesn't help.

T_K_ and all!

Thanks for your guidance. I struggled to find Forms and saw subsequent posts stating that you can't access Forms through online TT, but then folks were simply resubmitting and it was being accepted. Voila, got it through. Weirdly, my return still has this non-qual pension income listed in Schedule 1 and not 1040 line 1, as it had been in years past. But obviously it removed the duplicate entry.

I ended up filing thru cashapp and got my refund about 5 days later (yesterday) without a penny taken out in fees 🤙

teagenleo

Re: My tax return is being rejected with code FW2-001-02 which relates to a checked box 13 related to statutory income. My W2 had no such check in that respective box. Under 13, with three options, the only one that has anything is retirement plan, and that simply says XX. Help?

I NEED THIS MONEY!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies