turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ColeD100

My tax return is being rejected with code FW2-001-02 which relates to a checked box 13 related to statutory income. My W2 had no such check in that respective box. Help?

I have to also qualify that I recieved the verbal description of the issue from the software program but I did not recieve an error code. 

ColeD100

My tax return is being rejected with code FW2-001-02 which relates to a checked box 13 related to statutory income. My W2 had no such check in that respective box. Help?

I did not recieve and error code message- just   a verbal description of why my return was rejected.Very dissapointed in TT and there customer service- 

So I refiled with cashapp.  It told me both denied but then I got an email from them telling me my state was accepted.  I go look at the statuses via the app and it says the IRS accepted both.  I'll verify when/if that changes on the IRS site.  Still pending on there..   so I'm Hella confused 😕 

I think this is happening to alot of ppl 😕 I also will not file it through the mail. 

You, now we we pay money for TT, and  can't even get our taxes filed.  I've paid $139 to file, this will be my last time if they don't fixe it soon.

paytons

same issue as T_K_.  I have W-2s from non-qualified pension plans.  In each case the W-2 shows the same amount in Box 1 and Box 11, and Box 10 is zero.   But Turbotax has a bug in it and repeats the amount in Box 10.  I zeroed out Box 10 in TurboTax.  This fixed the problem.

MGM3
Level 2

Payton, can you tell me if you used the Turbo Tax download version or the online version.  I used the online version of Premiere and it doesn’t have the “view” option.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

You can peek at only  the Federal form 1040 and the summary of the state info by going here:

1) lower- Left side of the screen...click to the left side of the "Tax Tools" text selection.
2)  then select "Tools"
3) then select "View Tax Summary" from the pop-up
4) then back to the left-side and "Preview 1040"

Then hit the "Back" on the left side to get back to your tax entries.

To view your entire return using the online editions (including the state) before you file, you will need to pay for your online account.

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2019 return at this time, click on Tax Tools >>> Tools  and then Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Continue.  On the next screen it will ask if you want Audit Defense, if you do not want this option just click on the Continue button.  The next screen will ask for all your credit card information so you can pay for the account.

paytons

I used the download version and I'm not familiar with the online version.   In the download version I went to the "Forms" view and edited Turbotax's processed version of my W-2.  By processed I mean its version of what I entered during the step-by-step interview process.  My W-2 is blank in Box 10 but there is a bug in Turbotax such that their processed version as seen in the "Forms" view has data in Box 10.  This was the error.  When zeroed out Box 10 in the "Forms" view and resubmitted the e-file, my return was accepted.  How this helps.

💰bort--ax:  

Your suggestions worked for me!

15-year user of TT and this was 1st time I ever had such a weird error.

With TT Online, there is no Forms View (at least that I can find), so there is no way to zero it out. My W2 info is correct where I can edit it, but that phantom Box 10 figure seems to be added later by TT while prepping the form for the IRS. I just requested a refund…very frustrating, and their live help is useless.

Definitely a TT issue. Duplicating Box 11 into Box 10…so the return does not match the W2 info the IRS has on file. And no way to fix it manually in TT online.

MGM3
Level 2

Thank you Paytons.   I too am going to ask for a refund and then use another tax service.

Consider buying a TT download on Amazon for approx $45?

Then, you can do the repair.

It's a TT issue.  Per the Schedule 1 IRS instructions, "If you received income from a nonqualified deferred compensation plan or nongovernmental section 457plan that is included in box 1 of your Form W-2, or in box 1 of Form 1099-NEC, don’t include that income on line 8 of the worksheet." That's exactly where TT is putting it and not including it on 1040 line 1 where it should be. 

It was fixed for me by deleting line 10 on  the forms which should not have been populated. I called TT anyway to point this out to them - the "expert" on the phone has no way to let someone know that a fix is needed.  I tried!  TurboTax - get with it!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies