turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

darcij22

My tax return has been rejected twice, saying the AGI was incorrect. It isn't and I have entered it correctly both times. What is going on? How can I get it thru?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Shrugs
Returning Member

My tax return has been rejected twice, saying the AGI was incorrect. It isn't and I have entered it correctly both times. What is going on? How can I get it thru?

Another line says to enter "0" because they probably haven't processed your last-year's return yet. It's a mess right now. They don't even have a payment I sent in June of last year on their records, but they cashed the check 3 days after I mailed it. Now this year, I'm getting the same message AGI doesn't match. Turbo Tax should be aware of this and put the information in the program instead of telling you to go hunt down your AGI (which THEY filled in correctly for you from last year). It's a frustrating mess that I think the feds are responsible for, but Turbo Tax is not helping by not reacting to the changes. You may have to mail it in, but then likely you won't see anything for like 8-10 months. I don't know, I'm just trying to work with the lack of information I have as well.

Follow up: I entered "0" AGI and it was accepted. Their slowness on the 2019 returns requires you to put in the wrong amount (0), to be considered right by the government. Oh the hoops we go through. TurboTax should have something on their "AGI" entry page warning people. This is real. My guess is that most returns will probably be rejected if filed around the extended June/July timeframe of last year.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@darcij22

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide information on what to put for your AGI if you didn't file last year or don't have the correct AGI. Incorrect AGI

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies