philthschwein

My state tax return is 12,500. I have a feeling I messed up somewhere but not sure where.

Go back over everything that you entered.  Look carefully for misplaced decimals, commas where decimals should have been, and extra zeros.  You probably have at least one or more typos that you have to find and fix.  The decimal point and the comma are right next to each other on the keyboard, so entering the wrong figure is a common mistake.

philthschwein

Exactly what I did.  I mixed up my state tax and income.  All good now.  Thanks for the answer.