My son's dad & my son are both disabled (son l...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

My son's dad & my son are both disabled (son lives w/ me) so he gets a SSDI and a SSD check (in my name & his). Does he qualify & need to file to get a stimulus check?

His checks actually support the household now because I became disabled and I'm applying for my own disability. He's an adult but has a young sibling, living in the home with us as well. Is he considered my dependent, and as such, disqualified? (The dad and I are divorced btw).
2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

My son's dad & my son are both disabled (son lives w/ me) so he gets a SSDI and a SSD check (in my name & his). Does he qualify & need to file to get a stimulus check?

Please see the following articles for the latest information on the stimulus check:  

My mom receives social security survivors and ssi    and I am her representative payee her benefits comes on a DirectExpress debit card. I heard people on social security will receive payments tomorrow on April 29th. When I check to see if her payment is available the site tells me her payment status is not available. Could she be getting a payment later or did she fall through the cracks and will not receive a payment?

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings