madmax21168

My son and grandson have lived with me. His mother claimed him and hasn't seen or talked to him in years we live in California and her Texas. Do I just send in my taxes

She claimed him when I support him all the way they don't live in the same state. How can she claim him and not me when I support him

IreneS

You can still claim your son and grandson on your tax return.  You won't be able to e-file, though, because the SSN was used on the mother's tax return.  The IRS will be in contact and will decide who gets to claim the dependent(s).

IreneS