Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return was rejected 2x. Customer support no help. Told to mail it in with a check. Address? W2s? Do I mail in with the timestamp receipt?

I owe money. Don't want a penalty for mailing it in.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
pk
Level 15
Level 15

My return was rejected 2x. Customer support no help. Told to mail it in with a check. Address? W2s? Do I mail in with the timestamp receipt?

@carolyn-hartigan , there should be no penalties if  your mail is stamped  with 5/17/21 by the post-office or any delivery services like FedEx/UPS etc.

For mailing address , please see this page from the IRS -- 

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-addresses-for-taxpayers-and-tax-professionals-filing-form-1...

Is there more I can do for you ?

Why did it reject?  Is it for the wrong AGI?  Try entering 0 for 2019 AGI.  The IRS took a long time last year to process returns so the AGI didn't get recorded in time to check.

You are allowed to the 22nd if it was rejected so keep trying to e-file. AGI put 0. If you find you need to mail it, select that option in turbo tax and it will tell you were to mail it. Copy your W-2 and send in with it. 

Well unfortunately it will not be physically postmarked by the 17th since all the post offices were closed after my second rejection. I was told I cannot efile since it was rejected twice and that the IRS would magically know that I had submitted electronically via TT before the deadline. I am dubious so I am going to submit my electronic transmission receipt with rejection. Thank you!

pk
Level 15
Level 15

@carolyn-hartigan  IRS does  have record of rejections -- you also have three days from the rejection to  cure the issue and re-efile.   If you are going to file by mail -- don't worry about the  filing date -- IRS  is aware that you had filed  priorly.

pk

IND-996. Evidently the IRS thinks one of my dependents was given a PIN - but no one has a PIN. The first TT person thought it would be fixed no problem but same reject code twice now.

Unfortunately, it was not postmarked by the 17th because the 2nd rejection happened after the post offices were closed. I printed it from TT including the page with the TT electronic timestamp and mailed it overnight on the 18th. I hope the penalty is not too ridiculous given that I already owe a bunch of money.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies