Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My return is continuously rejected. Turbotax keeps telling me I am ready to file. After rejection, I follow all the steps that Turbotax provides. Refile and rejected.

Reject code is FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm. Turbotax doesnt recognize this error code. When will Turbotax update and actually fix my return?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

My return is continuously rejected. Turbotax keeps telling me I am ready to file. After rejection, I follow all the steps that Turbotax provides. Refile and rejected.

This error is related to the Form 1095-A section. There was an issue with the question about dependent income. That has been resolved with the most recent update. If you go through the 1095-A section again, you will see a new question.

Here is how to review the section:

1. Sign in to your account and click Fix my return.
  2. ​​​​​​​Use the search box in the upper right corner to search for 1095A.
  3. Click Jump to 1095-A.
  4. Answer the first question, Yes.
  5. There will be a new question about dependent's income, be sure to answer it. 
  6. Continue through the section, until it returns you to Your tax breaks.
  7. Select Review from the left side menu.
  8. Keep going until you submit your return again. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JWDubya
Returning Member

If the response from the tax expert does not work out (or if you are curious), you could take a look under the tax forms feature to see what the program entered in a form with 8962 as part of its identifier. In particular look on Line 2 or Line 2B to see if you can understand what is wrong or missing. Good Luck!

The response did not work out. How do I look under the tax forms feature? 

Ok. I can see in the forms when I view them to print that I have nothing written in line 2b. I guess the question is how do I put a 0 in there when I can't get turbotax to ask me that question? And it seems that this blank line on my form is what causes the return to be rejected. 

@terrywendt wrote:

Ok. I can see in the forms when I view them to print that I have nothing written in line 2b. I guess the question is how do I put a 0 in there when I can't get turbotax to ask me that question? And it seems that this blank line on my form is what causes the return to be rejected. 

Go back to the Form 1095-A section in Medical Expenses and edit the 1095-A that you entered.  On the following screen after the 1095-A you should now have the option to select entering a dependent's MAGI and then enter a 0 which will be entered on the Form 8962 Line 2b.

If this does not correct the rejection, then delete the Form 1095-A and re-enter manually.

Enter 1095-a in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1095-a

Neither of those options have worked for me. The only screen that comes up after entering the 1095A is one that says "Let us know if these situations apply to you." And it shows three options which do not apply to me. Those options are 1) "I shared this policy with another taxpayer who's not on my taxes." 2) "I have at least one dependent on my taxes who's filing a separate return." or 3) "I got married in 2019." 

I leave them blank and hit continue. That's all it asks. 

I've tried deleting and redoing my 1095A and its the same. 

@terrywendt wrote:

Neither of those options have worked for me. The only screen that comes up after entering the 1095A is one that says "Let us know if these situations apply to you." And it shows three options which do not apply to me. Those options are 1) "I shared this policy with another taxpayer who's not on my taxes." 2) "I have at least one dependent on my taxes who's filing a separate return." or 3) "I got married in 2019." 

I leave them blank and hit continue. That's all it asks. 

I've tried deleting and redoing my 1095A and its the same. 

Do you have a dependent entered on your tax return?  If you do and are using the TurboTax desktop editions then go to Forms mode.  Open the Form 8962, enter a 0 on Line 2b.  Go back to the interview.  File the tax return again.  If rejected again, the try a manual update for the software.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a manual update on a Windows based PC - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

I am doing this online. Is there a place online to choose forms mode? 

@terrywendt wrote:

I am doing this online. Is there a place online to choose forms mode? 

There is not a Forms mode using the TurboTax online editions.

What is the rejection code and the Exact rejection message you are receiving?

Reject Code FDI_8962_DepLine2BEm

Description of error:
Your tax return is on hold pending ongoing updates to interview questions regarding Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement.
What needs to be done:
ACTION NEEDED: Important Information About Your Federal Tax Return On February 20 or later, your tax return will include an updated interview question regarding Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement. Please pay careful attention if any of your dependents are filing a separate tax return. The household income is part of the calculation for the Premium Tax Credit. What do I do now? If you're using a CD or downloaded version of TurboTax: On or after February 20th, update TurboTax (visit our Support Site if you need help updating).Please review your answers under the topic of the Affordable Care Act (1095-A) in the Deduction & Credits Section. Make any corrections if prompted. E-file your return (you won't be charged for e-filing) If you're using the online version: On or after February 20th, log into your TurboTax Online account. Please review your answers under the topic of the Affordable Care Act (1095-A) in the Deduction & Credits Section. Make any corrections if prompted. E-file your return (you won't be charged) We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for using TurboTax!

@terrywendt Based on what you have posted you should not be rejected for the Form 8962.

My only suggestion at this point is to close the TurboTax program.  Clear cache and cookies on your web browser.  Close the browser.  Relaunch the browser.  Sign back onto your account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Delete the 1095-A and re-enter.  File the tax return again.  If still rejected try a different web browser.  Repeat the process again.  If still getting rejected, contact TurboTax support for assistance.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

My payment for tax has been accepted, but Fed files won't transmit

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you receiving a specific error message when trying to transmit your returns?
You can try logging completely out of the TurboTax website, then clear your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. If that doesn't work, try a different browser.

@pointsus

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
asm7998

Re: My return is continuously rejected. Form 1095A is the issue, but it keeps rejecting the Policy, social security number, Start month, and End month entries.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies