Solved: My parents claim me as a dependent on their taxes. I am filing my own return and entered that someone else is claiming me but it is still giving me the standard deductio

My parents claim me as a dependent on their taxes. I am filing my own return and entered that someone else is claiming me but it is still giving me the standard deductio

Should I also be able to get a standard deduction if my parents are getting one too?

Alumni

Being claimed as a dependent does not prevent you from getting the standard deduction at all.

Alumni