Switch from MAIL TO EFILE:
If you printed your taxes to mail them in and went all the way through the File section, when you log into TurboTax Online, the Way to go! You filed your 2018 taxes you won't see a way to change to e-filing. As long as you haven't already mailed your 2018 paper return, you can switch to the e-filing method (through October 15, 2019). However, some states now require e-filing, which means the federal and state must be e-filed together.
If you already mailed your return, don't e-file. This can cause problems with the government, including refund delays.
1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
4. Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).
5. Select File in the left menu.
6. On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
7. Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
8. On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
9. Follow the instructions to e-file your return.
If you qualify for a stimulus payment and are not required to file a tax return, and you do not receive Social Security income, you can e-file your IRS registration for free with TurboTax to receive a stimulus payment with our Stimulus Registration for non-filers.