Switch from MAIL TO EFILE:  If you printed your ta...

tjallor5

My intention was to file electronically but it seems I accidentally selected it to be mailed instead. Is there a way to change this?

Switch from MAIL TO EFILE

If you printed your taxes to mail them in and went all the way through the File section, when you log into TurboTax Online, the Way to go! You filed your 2018 taxes you won't see a way to change to e-filing. As long as you haven't already mailed your 2018 paper return, you can switch to the e-filing method (through October 15, 2019). However, some states now require e-filing, which means the federal and state must be e-filed together.

If you already mailed your return, don't e-file. This can cause problems with the government, including refund delays.

1.       In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.

2.       Select Tax Home in the left menu.

3.       Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.

4.       Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu).

5.       Select File in the left menu.

6.       On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.

7.       Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.

8.       On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.

9.       Follow the instructions to e-file your return.

GEN88420
p_cg_tto_us_lc_na_question:L0zDlGPhq_US_en_US

Answered by  TurboTax FAQ  to  this question

1961DWally

I suck at computers. I just want a simple tax form e-mailed to IRS for stimulus $. I haven’t filed in 7 yrs, no income. HELP!!!

If you qualify for a stimulus payment and are not required to file a tax return, and you do not receive Social Security income, you can e-file your IRS registration for free with TurboTax to receive a stimulus payment with our Stimulus Registration for non-filers.

Heavyapple713

I was never able to print my 2019 California state tax & now want to e-file & pay the extra charge.

Heavyapple713

Never filed my 2019 taxes by mail.

Log in ... scroll down and click on ADD A STATE to open the return ... then complete the state interview again, then the REVIEW tab and finally the FILE tab.

thomasconradwilliams

Switch to efile

LinaJ2020

You can switch to e-file by following these steps:

• Sign back into your program, select Pick up where you left off
  • On the left menu, select File
  • Follow prompts to change method to file ( almost towards the end of the filing process)

@tjallor5