My income from New York State Paid Family Leave was sent as a 1099-MISC. When I enter it, it keeps moving it to the business section as a self employment.

My income from New York State Paid Family Leave was sent as a 1099-MISC. When I enter it, it doesn’t give me the option to say it was paid leave and moves the income into the self-employment business section. I’m not sure how to change this as it is not a schedule c. 

Reporting 1099-MISC (box 3 or box 7) that is not self-employment income

Under the Wages & Income tab (or Personal Income tab) scroll down to Other Common Income and elect to start/update Income from form 1099-MISC. Then click YES to indicate you have a 1099-MISC.

Enter the 1099-MISC exactly as printed, and then Continue.

Enter the reason you got this money – be it scholarship, bonus, streaking butt naked across the 50 yard line of the super bowl, whatever. Then continue.

Select None of these apply, then Continue.

Select No, it didn’t involve work….. and Continue.

Select ONLY the tax year for which this specific 1099-MISC was issued. Do not select the year that you received the 1099. Select the year for which the 1099-MISC was issued. Select no other year. Then Continue.

Select No, it didn’t involve an intent to earn money, then Continue.

Select NO, then Continue.

Click the DONE button, and that does it.

Select NO, then Continue.

I am having this exact same issue and tried these steps and it did not work for me.  I am able to get past federal but once I try to finalize NY State taxes I get this error: IT-215: Line 8 EIN You have indicated that you have business income or loss on line 8.  Enter in the EIN for the primary business.  How can I  correct this error?

I am also having the same issue.  Schedule C and other sections are automatically added when using the 1099-MISC and you can't use the Paid Family leave option as we did not receive a 1099-G in NY State.

Same problem here. All sorts of Schedule C / Biz Income errors. Program HELP seems to suggest entering under the Unemployment (and Paid Family Leave) Section as if reported on 1099-G. Any updates?

I have the same issue. I live in NYS. I would love same clarification on this TurboTax. I would hate to go use a CPA!

Also having this issue.. Anyone figure it out??.. Im also from NY

Do you guys also have the income in box 7?$

Can someone from turbotax please respond or address this issue?

Has anyone figured out a workaround? I'd really like to file my taxes soon!