Solved: My husband filed jointly, does that mean I don't need to file? When one spouse files jointly does that mean the other spouse doesn't need to file ? It it all one ?

Mrs-Reid

My husband filed jointly, does that mean I don't need to file? When one spouse files jointly does that mean the other spouse doesn't need to file ? It it all one ?

My husband filed jointly and we are both young and new to this. I don't understand how it works. If he filed and got accepted jointly, am I still expected to also file ??? or is it like we both filed since he selected joint ? 

Coleen3

You filed together as a married couple. Your return should have all the income and deductions that relate to both of you. You do not file a separate return.

Coleen3

Mrs-Reid

Thank you! We had no idea what we were doing
Coleen3

You're welcome.