Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mrs-Reid

My husband filed jointly, does that mean I don't need to file? When one spouse files jointly does that mean the other spouse doesn't need to file ? It it all one ?

My husband filed jointly and we are both young and new to this. I don't understand how it works. If he filed and got accepted jointly, am I still expected to also file ??? or is it like we both filed since he selected joint ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

My husband filed jointly, does that mean I don't need to file? When one spouse files jointly does that mean the other spouse doesn't need to file ? It it all one ?

You filed together as a married couple. Your return should have all the income and deductions that relate to both of you. You do not file a separate return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

You filed together as a married couple. Your return should have all the income and deductions that relate to both of you. You do not file a separate return.

Mrs-Reid

Thank you! We had no idea what we were doing
Coleen3
Intuit Alumni

You're welcome.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies