mskweisbeck

My husband and I submitted an injured spouse form with our taxes due to my student loans. We received a deposit but it’s less than what we were told?

Filed injured spouse and taxes at the same time. Used the tax expert to help who advised us to have my spouse claim the 3 children. Refund was half of what was expected 

You asked the IRS to not send your entire refund to the student loan offset.  They have apparently done that by giving you half your requested refund.  The injured spouse form is never a guarantee that the IRS will accept your request as written.   The IRS will send a letter of explanation in a few weeks. 

Also remember that any state tax refund is paid separately from the IRS refund.  

mskweisbeck

So if state refunds are different from IRS refunds will there be another deposit?

Yes, whenever the state finishes processing your return.  Every state is different and you need to check your own stste’s tax site for a specific update.  
mskweisbeck

Thank you so much for your help!