Solved: My home address zip code on my w-2 is incorrect. Can i just input the correct zip code into turbo tax to finish filing or do i need to get a corrected w-2?

My home address zip code on my w-2 is incorrect. Can i just input the correct zip code into turbo tax to finish filing or do i need to get a corrected w-2?

Provided the only error on your W-2 is the address, you can enter the correct zip code.

Did your employer mail the document to you? If so, look at the envelope it was sent to you in - does it have the correct zip code listed?

If not, you need to contact the employer and have them reissue a W-2 to you with the correct address. They also have the option to send the W-2 with the incorrect address, as long as the envelope the send the W-2 to you in lists the correct address.

Basically - the IRS just wants proof that your employer knows your correct address.

Read more: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw2w3.pdf page 25