turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My file keeps getting rejected due to AGI from 2017 being wrong I used my w2 from 2017. It’s still getting rejected

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
Carl
Level 15

My file keeps getting rejected due to AGI from 2017 being wrong I used my w2 from 2017. It’s still getting rejected

Your W-2 has nothing to do with your AGI in any way, form or fashion. AGI is your *ADJUSTED* gross income which will never be the same as reported in box 1 of any W-2. get the AGI from line 37 of your 2017 form 1040

How do i get ahold of my 1040 I dont ever remember getting one.

If you did not file a 2017 tax return then enter a 0 (zero) for the 2017 AGI.  Otherwise use the procedure as shown in the TurboTax support FAQ link in the answer below.

Form 1040 is the income tax return that you filed.

Your 2017 AGI is not from a W-2.  It is on your 2017 tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900840-how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies