bg9594

My federal return was filed by mail 8 weeks ago and seems to be stuck in "being processed",

RayW7

If your tax return status is "Still Being Processed" your tax return could be essentially on hold until the IRS corrects any issues and/or gets the additional information from you to continue processing your return.

The online link is your best option to track your refund.  I have attached a link with more answers from the IRS as to why your refund may be taking longer to process.

Federal refund questions

bg9594

Thank you for your reply.  I finally got through to IRS yesterday and spoke with very nice agent who assured me there was no problem with my return.  It is just the huge backlog they are dealing with.