Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

REJ002. TurboTax isn't being clear about what's wrong. Just says Internal Reject. Why the F is it being rejected?

Thank you everyone for your help, I will try it again tomorrow.

REJ002. TurboTax isn't being clear about what's wrong. Just says Internal Reject. Why the F is it being rejected?

A TurboTax Moderator has reported back after checking with some department at TurboTax.  I've posted an Answer below with what she says.

My federal return was accepted today without issue or any changes made on my end

randall814  
 Apart from the rejection notice, did you ever get a second email with instructions as the FAQ in my answer below indicates?  I haven't yet seen anyone mention receiving a second email.
clearg

I received the email that my state was rejected for this reason, followed the steps and now its short $504...

Or maybe the other was high.  There's no way to know in a user community forum, since no one can see your return and no one knows what your steps were.   Have you printed out and reviewed your return?   This is an old already-answered thread that won't show up as needing help.   Start a thread on your issue and maybe someone will comment.. Be sure and name the state.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/new</a>

The first box there is for a summary, like a title and is limited to 170 characters.   If you need more room, lower in that form is a box to put more details.

If you want to speak to TurboTax Support, here's how:

FAQ:  What is the TurboTax phone number?
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263</a>

@clearg The same thing happened to me with my Oregon State return. I lost $700

@clearg The same thing happened to me with my Oregon State return. I lost $700

@jhibbard8558
Was it due to a transit tax entry giving you an inappropriately large refund?   See this thread about Oregon, and see if the Answer there by @SteamTrain  applies to you.  
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4540892-how-do-i-enter-or-stt-wages-vs-or-stt-w-h-in-box-14-there-...>?

I file self-employed to Federal in Kansas. I got the same code as everybody else here. And asked me to go in through the email it sent me and it said fix returns on Federal and State I hit fix button and then it just went to revisit or go ahead and files I want to hit and we filed electronically and now it's still pending that they haven't tried to send it across it evidently if he gets rejected again I'll just go use tax act I mean I didn't pay up front so I don't give a s*** TurboTax can't get their s*** together always quit using them it's not that big a deal

A TurboTax Moderator checked with a TurboTax department and responded this way today:

The Moderator re-emphasized that the FAQ below is correct and for many people the changes that may be needed are  likely in the self employed section. 

She says the email with instructions is a separate email from the rejection notice and to also check your email's spam/junk folder.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4314775

Im curious l. I just got the same code and my returns are very simple but from what ive read its a system thing mostly caused by filing before things were ready. Im alsonnot getting a reason or something to actually fix just code.

From what others have said, looks to be on their end. Most likely from us early birds filing before today's date (1.27.20). I would wait a day or two and see what happens. I also got the same code REJ002 with an email saying lets fix it now, go into my account and click revisit but keeps looping back to that screen after I hit continue. 

Possible Resolutions if you're a NJ resident. The problem could also be if you imported your Tax Return as well. Im not sure if this applies to other states but we've discovered this glitch with the NJ state tax returns if you imported your W2.

Per information received from the resolutions desk, cust imported w2 and the glitch or bug is in the state tax information.

1. delete imported w2 and manually input information
  2. for the STATE:: there should be NO dollar amounts in boxes 15-17 instead place the state wages in BOX 14, whatever dollar amounts appear in boxes 15-17 place that information in BOX 14 and resubmit return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies