Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Federal (and State) returns were accepted on May 1. It's June 2nd, now. I owed paid within a day of filing. Checking with IRS.gov, it says "taxes not processed." Why?

I'm obviously not expecting a refund, since I owed (and paid already.) Should I just assume they're overwhelmed vs that there's a problem with my taxes?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

My Federal (and State) returns were accepted on May 1. It's June 2nd, now. I owed paid within a day of filing. Checking with IRS.gov, it says "taxes not processed." Why?

The Refund status page only works if you are getting a refund.

If you owe, you will see nothing. make sure your return is correct and pay the tax.

If there is an issue, IRS will contact you.

Thank you for the reply. But I didn't go to the "refund status page;" I went to my Account page at IRS.gov.

It states, "Your 2020 Tax Return Is Not Processed." 

My return was accepted electronically by the IRS; got confirmation of that back on the first of May.

you know the IRS is way backed up on processing returns, right?

I also went to my account and I see all my numbers, but no refund yet.

There is nothing you can do but wait.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies