happyuser1

My employer only pays part of my health insurance premiums & balance is taken out of my paycheck after all tax deductions. How do I claim tax deduction for it in Turbotax

I have been using Turbo Tax Premier for several years. I was reading the following blog: https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/health-care/when-can-you-claim-a-tax-deduction-for-health-insurance...

My employer only pays for part of my health insurance premiums & balance is taken out of my paycheck after all tax deductions. How do I claim tax deduction for it in Turbotax? Where do I need to enter this information? I am on W2.

Also, can I amend previous year tax returns to claim this for the past couple of years?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

happyuser1

Thanks for your quick response. I am unable to claim this as my Medical and dental costs is less than 10% of AGI. So how can one claim tax credit for health insurance premium for the portion I have paid on my paycheck that has been deducted after withholding all taxes? Thank you.

There are no health insurance tax credits  unless your insurance was bought thru the ACA marketplace.