irishboy316

My EIN is incorrect and my return was rejected and no where is there a way to fix it in the email I was sent to correct it

MicheleR

To correct the EIN on your W-2, log into your return and access the "Wages & Income" tab by clicking on "Federal" located in your Menu Bar on the left-hand side of your screen.

Once in "Wages & Income" you can click "Edit" next to your W-2 and correct the information from there.

For more information on correcting a Rejected Return, please see the TurboTax FAQ listed below.

Lisa45nunez

My ein was incorrect how do I fix i was rejected

BillM223

@Lisa45nunez

Since your return was rejected, it is not considered filed yet.

This means that you can open your return in TurboTax and navigate to the W-2 (if this is indeed the EIN you are talking about) and correct it, then e-file again.

To get the the W-2, do a Search on w-2 and click on the jump-to link.

If you are talking about something else, come back and let us know. If you do have to respond, please give us your rejection code and error message.

Lisa45nunez

My correct ein is 74-2474252

DMarkM1

Since your return was rejected you can sign back in to TurboTax and correct the error in the "Income & Expenses" tab.  Once done go back to "File" and refile.