turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My EIN is incorrect and my return was rejected and no where is there a way to fix it in the email I was sent to correct it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
MicheleR

My EIN is incorrect and my return was rejected and no where is there a way to fix it in the email I was sent to correct it

To correct the EIN on your W-2, log into your return and access the "Wages & Income" tab by clicking on "Federal" located in your Menu Bar on the left-hand side of your screen.

Once in "Wages & Income" you can click "Edit" next to your W-2 and correct the information from there.

For more information on correcting a Rejected Return, please see the TurboTax FAQ listed below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302275

Lisa45nunez
Returning Member

My ein was incorrect how do I fix i was rejected

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@Lisa45nunez

Since your return was rejected, it is not considered filed yet.

This means that you can open your return in TurboTax and navigate to the W-2 (if this is indeed the EIN you are talking about) and correct it, then e-file again.

To get the the W-2, do a Search on w-2 and click on the jump-to link.

If you are talking about something else, come back and let us know. If you do have to respond, please give us your rejection code and error message.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lisa45nunez
Returning Member

My correct ein is 74-2474252

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Since your return was rejected you can sign back in to TurboTax and correct the error in the "Income & Expenses" tab.  Once done go back to "File" and refile.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies