Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

echostorm

My efile was rejected due to Code 8960_Hold. it doesn't tell me what this is or what to update in my filing in turbo tax

I started a thread to petition Turbotax refund us some fees due to this issue as they really didn't handle this error well and wasted a lot of our time on phones and didn't communicate the resolution well.  Chime in here: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4711386-turbotax-will-you-give-us-a-discount-or-refund-against-the...>
thanigai
Returning Member

My efile was rejected due to Code 8960_Hold. it doesn't tell me what this is or what to update in my filing in turbo tax

Did anyone review what changed with the form 8960? I noticed that the number in 9b changed in form 8960 increasing my tax a bit. It looks like the amount of state tax paid towards Net Investment Income which includes interest, dividend and investment income seems to have gone down after the update. Even with the previous calculation I felt that the number that Turbo-tax came up with seemed lower than what I calculated. Now it is further down... which increased my tax. Does anyone notice similar change? Do you understand how 9b in 8960 is derived?
cmarks

Terrible customer experience with this error. Communication was non-existent.

Same experience. Wasted a lot of time. Just resubmitted after seeing you guys' response and hopefully it will get through. Thanks for starting this thread!
varvello

thanks everyone. I indeed just resubmitted with no change. federal was approved in one hour. state in about 8 hrs. all good 🙂

I received this message as have hundreds of others yesterday with a promise of an update in code from TurboTax today - I got zero help from the website, got zero updates in email (as promised), nothing - HOWEVER one or two users said they simply resubmitted today and it got accepted. I did the same and it was accepted.   Thanks TurboTax for making us pay and dig and claw while you did nothing to advise us. 

I contacted TurboTax. the person was great. the error was that I had the date to withdraw my funds too close to my filing, I guess they had too many returns come in at the IRS and by the time they took my in the pay date had passed. I changed the date to 4/5/2019 and refiled, the return was accepted within an hour. This was today 3/28/2019 at 11:50 EST.

eqmcgoon

TurboTax should have provided better explanation.  This appears to be an error in how they are transmitting the e-file.  All I did was make sure my TurboTax was up to date, Run Error Check (None) and resubmitted.

They could add a CYA to the instructions above by stating "..all tax returns are different and to ensure that there are no other changes due to updates, run through all the questions from the beginning to ensure there are no other changes to your tax form...".

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies