Solved: My daughter was born September 3, 2016 in Shenzhen, China (where we live), but we do not have a SSN for her yet. The processing for a SSN here in China takes 4-6 months.

My daughter was born September 3, 2016 in Shenzhen, China (where we live), but we do not have a SSN for her yet. The processing for a SSN here in China takes 4-6 months.

How can we claim her on our taxes without a SSN, or can we qualify for extended time to file?

You will not be able to file including her until you  have an SSN.  Everyone qualifies for an extension until 10/2017, but you do not qualify for an extension to pay tax due.  If you will have a refund, go ahead and wait.  If you will owe tax once you can include her, then you can extend the filing by 4/18 but you also need to pay the tax due  by 4/18.