cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

My computer says I don't have the Turbo Tax formsets. What are they?

I just got a newer computer and am trying to access some of my Turbo Tax filings.  The computer says I need to install formsets.  I don't know what they are?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 14

Ok... after you reinstall the program an update will be needed immediately.  Then if any of the tax returns has a state return in them the appropriate state program needs to also  be installed and updated. 

To install the state you will need to start a dummy return so you can get the state program downloaded and installed. 

2 Replies
Level 14

Ok... after you reinstall the program an update will be needed immediately.  Then if any of the tax returns has a state return in them the appropriate state program needs to also  be installed and updated. 

To install the state you will need to start a dummy return so you can get the state program downloaded and installed. 

Level 14

only the programs from 2015-2017 are available.   if you didn't save earlier returns as pdfs,   you may be out of luck.

there are online sites that say they can retrieve  the data from earlier years but then you have to trust that they are not scammers looking for your ssn and other personal info to make you another identity theft victim.