michaelbarth

My 2019 Turbotax CD came with one license code good for 5 installs. Can I allow my friend to install from same CD using one of the installs?

@michaelbarth wrote:

I understand - but would it work regardless?

Yes, the software would still work if installed on another computer that you do not own.

The software is licensed to the purchaser of the software.  You can use the CD to install the software on any or all computers that you own.

michaelbarth

michaelbarth

Or once the license code is first used, is it linked to that user's name and cannot be used with another person's name?

@michaelbarth wrote:

macuser_22

Nobody here is going to help you to violate the license agreement.

michaelbarth

Thanks, and what about State.  Can that also be downloaded 5 times separately?

jliang7

Or once the license code is first used, is it linked to that user's name and cannot be used with another person's name? - I think it's linked to one account per code.  Only one account can use the license code, and once it's used for the first name, you can't use the same code to create another account.