kfj83185

My 2019 return says "PRINTED". What does that mean?

“Ready to mail”or “Printed”  means that your tax return has not been filed.  Either you could not e-file for some reason , or you chose to file by mail.  OR if you really did already mail your return, the software does not have any way to know that you put your return in an envelope and took it to a mailbox, so it will always say “ready to mail” in your online account.

TurboTax does not mail your return for you.  You have to print it, sign it, and mail it yourself.  When you mail a tax return, you need to sign it where it says "Sign Here" and write in the date you signed it by the word "Date".  Attach copies of your W-2 and any other documents that show taxes withheld to the left side of the papers where it says "Attach Forms..."

When you print your return, it will print with filing instructions that tell you where to mail it.  Pay careful attention to the address you mail your return to —federal and state returns do not get mailed to the same place.

It is not required, but is a good idea, to use a mailing service that will track your return or provide you with a receipt showing that the IRS got it--such as Fedex, UPS, or certified mail.  It will take about 4 weeks and then you can track the status of your return at the IRS website.

You can print your return by following the instructions below

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

To send your tax return by mail and get a receipt to see that the IRS and/or your state received it:

https://www.usps.com/taxes/welcome.htm

To track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

fanfare

[withdrew comment]

bagheera033

Mine also says this. And it's been over a year, I still haven't recieved my refund. How do I know if it was recieved?

@bagheera033 If your account only says "Printed" that means your return was not filed at all unless you put it in an envelope yourself and took it to a mailbox.  Did you do that?   Did you use a mailing service like certified mail to track it so you would know if it was received?

bagheera033

Something wasn't right when I e-failed so I did have to finish it through the mail. I mailed it in but I didn't track anything. When I checked my status online  it said pending for months, now it says my information is incorrect and wont show me anything.

bagheera033

I can't get anyone on the phone to help me so I know if it was accepted or not. And I can't find any answers online either. 

If it was previously showing  up on  the IRS refund site as "in processing"   they have it and they are working on it.   TurboTax will not know anything about  what the IRS is doing with it.  Only the IRS can tell you.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

bagheera033

Thank you, so much!