My 18 year old received a stimulus but he never wo...

My 18 year old received a stimulus but he never worked why can’t I claim him as a dependent?

My dependent never worked or filed taxes why did he get a stimulus check

If he was not eligible for the stimulus (Economic Impact Payment), return the payment.

Go to this IRS website for how to return the payment - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center#returning

Returning the Economic Impact Payment

If he can be claimed as a dependent under the rules, then you can claim him.  If you had not yet filed your tax return, he could have filled out a “non-filer“ report to claim a stimulus payment as someone who does not file a tax return. However, this would have been improper on his part.  If you are trying to file a tax return now, and you are blocked from claiming him as a dependent because of this non-filer report, you will need to print your return and file by mail. Your son you should return his payment, and the two of you need to have a discussion about honesty.