Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

buswellc

My 1099-DIV has a dollar amount in Box 2f but the 1099-DIV form in Turbo Tax doesn't seem to have a Box 2f. How do I enter this info?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

My 1099-DIV has a dollar amount in Box 2f but the 1099-DIV form in Turbo Tax doesn't seem to have a Box 2f. How do I enter this info?

Try to enter it by clicking on the following box in red below:

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
buswellc

I did that but the only boxes that show up are 2b, 2c, and 2d and then it goes to Box 3.  There is no 2e or 2f but my 1099-DIV forms from the companies have them.  They are usually $0 but one of them is not and has a number in it that I have nowhere to enter.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

You don't have to enter either of those boxes.   They pertain to Sect 897 gains.    From the 1099-DIV instructions:

Note.

Only RICs and REITs should complete boxes 2e and 2f.      Boxes 2e and 2f do not need to be completed for recipients that are U.S. individuals.   @buswellc 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
buswellc

Thanks for the confirmation.  I just read that myself.  Appreciate the answer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies