Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Move my 2023 return from TT online to TT Premier PC

I used TT PC last year for my taxes (2022);  I started this year on TT Free online. I imported my 2022 data into the online TT Free version.  I entered data online. I imported 1099-INT, 1099-R etc.  I bought TT premier PC. I installed TT Premier PC. How do I transfer the TT Free online return to TT Premier PC 2023?  Posted 4.02.2024

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SharonD007
Expert Alumni

To transfer your TurboTax Online tax return to TurboTax Desktop, follow the steps below:

1. Open TurboTax Desktop
  2. If you need to download your state, select Online from the menu at the top and Download State and download your state
  3. Select Continue From TurboTax Online
  4. Sign in to your TurboTax account
  5. TurboTax will start transferring your data.

Refer to the TurboTax Help article How do I switch from TurboTax Online to TurboTax Desktop? for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SharonD007
Expert Alumni

To transfer your TurboTax Online tax return to TurboTax Desktop, follow the steps below:

1. Open TurboTax Desktop
  2. If you need to download your state, select Online from the menu at the top and Download State and download your state
  3. Select Continue From TurboTax Online
  4. Sign in to your TurboTax account
  5. TurboTax will start transferring your data.

Refer to the TurboTax Help article How do I switch from TurboTax Online to TurboTax Desktop? for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You can move your Online file to the Desktop program and continue without paying for Online or needing to reenter your info.  If you already paid for the Online version you can ask them for the Desktop program. And you can buy a lower version Desktop program.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms.  You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.

To continue in the desktop version see this…….

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

Download the .tax2022 file for free

How do I save my TurboTax Online return as a tax data file?

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).  Just enter some basic personal info like your name and address then click on the State tab at the top and it should ask if you want to download the state program.

9 APRIL 2024 - Thank you for your answer. I was able to move my data to TT Premier. However, when I tried to review my imported (downloaded forms, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R etc.)  I was not able to in the step-by-step mode. I was able to look at and delete forms in the FORMS tab. Do you understand why my Desktop version (TT Premier) will not let me look at imported forms? The issue with not being able to review the downloaded forms, is that it makes it appear that the imported forms were MISSING. Otherwise, TT Premier worked fine.  (Would TT appreciate some feedback on that?)

See if this will show them.  Go to Federal (Personal for H&B) Then Wages & Income and click on Import Summary at the top.  I think that gives you a listing.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies