turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Morgan Stanley SockPlanConnect says invalid username/password. I used the exact same username and password on the website and it worked. What gives ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

28 Replies

Morgan Stanley SockPlanConnect says invalid username/password. I used the exact same username and password on the website and it worked. What gives ?

I'm experiencing the same issue, contacted Morgan Stanley but they are not aware of any problems. Is this a Turbotax bug? or should a I keep pushing Morgan Stanley.

I have the same issue with MorganStanleyWealth Management, I get wrong SSN/TIN, password or Username, although I am logged into the website using same data.  I think handshake between Intuit and MStanley is not right. March 8, 2018
heryandi

Exact same issue with MorganStanley StockPlanConnect here.
I called MorganStanley and they straightaway said to ask TurboTax instead since I can log in to their website directly just fine so it's not MorganStanley's fault.

Not sure whose fault it is now.
kevin16

I'm guessing if this has been broken for 2 years, Turbo Tax aren't going to fix it. Annoyingly, Morgan Stanley state that Turbo Tax is"the only tax preparation software that is compatible with StockPlan Connect", which I guess means NO tax preparation software is actually compatible with it.
amyjie

Still broken for me

I spoke to MS and they are aware of the issue and are fixing it. They said they will email me when it's fixed. I will update the thread if/when they do.
purplexsu

I meet the same problem right now.... What was your final solution?
heryandi

Exact same situation here. What's your solution?

In my case, Morgan Stanley Wealth management account, my password was apparently too complicated.  I temporarily changed my account password to a simpler 4-letter, 4-number password and then tried to import the information again through turbo tax.  It worked!  After all the information was downloaded, I changed my password on Morgan Stanley to a more complicated set of symbols,letters and numbers.  I suspect that I’ll have the same problem next year.
heryandi

Thanks Dennis. However, that doesn't work for me :(
kevin16

Same here. So frustrating, as simple import was one of the selling features of Turbo Tax. Having to manually enter all of my transactions just isn't a great customer experience.
Jerry23
Returning Member

So, Turbo Tax -  Are you correcting the Morgan Stanley login issues or no?  Still broken. :(

dolmanx

I have the exact same problem that my correct UserID and Password is rejected by TT Premium for Morgan Stanley stockplanconnect. Considering there must be billions of dollars in accounts at Morgan Stanley, it is embarrassing Intuit --will-- not fix this. I cannot believe it is beyond their technical capability, so we must conclude this is not a priority for them and they have made the decision that they will not fix this bug.

Now would be a great time for Intuit to step-up, fix this bug once-and-for-all, and let us do our 2019 taxes.

dolmanx

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

You may need to change your security settings from within your Morgan Stanley account. To do this log into your Morgan Stanley account and then go to the Security Center section. Select the option to Enable Third-Party Access.

Next, log back into TurboTax and try to import your information again. 

Please see this TurboTax Help Article for more information.

@dolmanx

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies