Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

You do not need to wait for form 1116 availability to enter all your other stuff

I have entered and imported everything and just waiting for the 1116 update

In fact if you are doing an import TT will actually save the foreign tax info

Just be sure when you exit to do a save and not try to do a file

and when you do a TT reload after 1116 is available be sure to accept the updates. 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Fair enough. You can start it but do not file State yet

Missing 2021 Form 1116

BobP55, excellent technical and practical explanation.

Most of us generate foreign tax credits as ordinary investors, either in international mutual funds or in foreign-issued stock held in the form of American Depositoy Receipts (ADRs). These are the 'simple' sitauations. Foreign tax credit computations for others can be much more complicated, with additional required Form 1116 Schedules. The basic form was released to the public in December 2021; Instructions and related Schedules in January 2022.  Programming updates to Form 1116 has to be much more difficult than most tax forms, so it is reasonable that those of us lucky enough to be able to claim foreign tax credits will need to wait a little longer to file our returns via TT, even though in many cases Form 1116 will not need to be actually included with our 2021 federal income tax return.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

It is now the 4th week of February.  Is March 3rd the real date or should we expect another possible postponement?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Can anybody guess whether anyone from TurboTax is paying attention to this email thread?  When I looked at Form 1116, I see a note at the top of the form saying "FORM NOT REQUIRED TO BE FILED" and there is watermark saying "DO NOT FILE" "FORM NOT FINAL" and "DO NOT FILE>" What does this all mean? 

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@pittampalli wrote:

Can anybody guess whether anyone from TurboTax is paying attention to this email thread?  When I looked at Form 1116, I see a note at the top of the form saying "FORM NOT REQUIRED TO BE FILED" and there is watermark saying "DO NOT FILE" "FORM NOT FINAL" and "DO NOT FILE>" What does this all mean? 

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit for tax year 2021 is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 03/03/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Missing 2021 Form 1116

OK  it is now 2/24/2022 and I just updated 2021 Turbo Tax Premier, started it up and BOOM, get the same message that IRS is still updating Form 1116.  IRS updated 2021 Form 1116, so GET ON IT to update Turbo Tax!!!

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@jgbloemer wrote:

OK  it is now 2/24/2022 and I just updated 2021 Turbo Tax Premier, started it up and BOOM, get the same message that IRS is still updating Form 1116.  IRS updated 2021 Form 1116, so GET ON IT to update Turbo Tax!!!

Form 1116, Foreign Tax Credit for tax year 2021 is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 03/03/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Missing 2021 Form 1116

What's the point if they keep moving that date?

Cow613

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Today is 2/24/2022. Form 1116 is till not ready for upload. Early March is expected date now.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

It is Feb 24 today. Form 1116 is still missing.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Why do people keep saying the form 1116 is still missing.

We all know that. That is what this forum is about. TT forms availability for the past week has been saying it has a current planned availability of 3/3.

If someone finds out it is available earlier, let us know but please stop posting every day it is not available today.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Why is the availability date being postponed.  Today it says form available on 3/3/22.  Can you give us a firm date?  

This form has been published by IRS early Jan 2022.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Missing 2021 Form 1116

What if it gets postponed again? Do you know if I can import my previous years from TT to H&R Block?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

February 25, 2022.  My copy of TurboTax Deluxe still notifies me that the "IRS has yet to finalize the Form 1116, check back on TurboTax later".  The IRS.gov website shows the 2021 Form 1116 as available.

Intuit/TurboTax needs to update the software to include the current Form 1116 and allow users to file their taxes electronically.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies