Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

As at 2/23 - it is still not there, form has been on IRS site for sometime. 

I see now that Turbotax is now saying 3/3

This is too slow - disappointed with TurboTax - this is only thing that has been holding up my filing for weeks.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

It is TurboTax not IRS - bad they blame IRS, when it is their product development that is failing

MexicoNK

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Tried filing today (2/23/2022) and the site still shows 1116 as missing. Any update!?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@bobp55 - This is great information.  Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me.  Sounds like I may be able to handle it the same way you did as all of this came from the investment company.  It is summarized on the 1099 but the detail shows me the rest of what I need.  I'll mess around with it tomorrow; however, if this is updated by Turbo Tax by 3/3, I may just wait.  Thanks again for the help.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

We're not the only dissatisfied customers, ProPublica is reporting that Intuit is under attack by thousands of customers who were cheated out of money by being charged for filing what should have been free returns.

https://www.propublica.org/

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I just checked 92.24.2022 at 9:41AM) and it is not updated.  Form is still not available.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Take a deep breath, it is only the last week of February.  (I will go back to H & R Block next year.  Form 1116 was finalized by the IRS over a month ago.)

Missing 2021 Form 1116

The revised date is now March 3rd...

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I have updated turbotax today, 24 Feb 2022 and form 1116 is still not available.  I hope they get this done quickly so I can finish my taxes.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I just refreshed and the form is still not available on 2/24

The interesting thing is that TurboTax says:

"If your forms still aren't available, we'll help you complete them on the dates shown"

Form 1116    - Available 0

What is that? What date? What does it mean Available Zero?

Missing 2021 Form 1116

@bobp55  - I followed what you did and had some success.  I was able to enter everything on the forms and it successfully reduced my tax.  However, in running "Smart Check," I still got the error saying the form has not been approved for release........   Of course the real issue is not the form, but Turbo Tax software that is incomplete.  Because of that, I still can't file electronically.  If I wanted to file by mail, I guess I could, but at this point, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that this is fixed on 3/3 as they are now promising.  Again many thanks for your assistance.

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I just went to the IRS website. Form 1116 and instructions are available for 2021. When will it be incorporated into Turbo Tax????

Question 2 is do I or should I wait to start the state return until the federal is complete or can I go back to the federal when form 1116 is incorporated into Turbo Tax????

Missing 2021 Form 1116

Let me guess: It will be available right after their Feb 28 promotion? Nice way to cheat their customers out of their $30 off discount. I'll rekey it all somewhere else. Totally worth getting out of this Intuit scam

Missing 2021 Form 1116

I would wait till it is available. The 1040 also goes to State, you want those to be the same in case the 1116 changes your totals.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies