turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LMG8183

Married filing separately. I have to enter Spouse federal Total Income(if MFS and living together) - Is this our income together?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Married filing separately. I have to enter Spouse federal Total Income(if MFS and living together) - Is this our income together?

No, this is your spouses federal income. Include all the federal income your spouse had.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Llmg8183

Are the federal wages same as total wages in box one of w2?

Llmg8183

And AGI how do I find that out?

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, federal wages would be box 1 of Forms W2 for your spouse.  When your spouse completes their return the AGI can be found on line 11 of their Form 1040.  

asancheq
Returning Member

And if we have filled out the joint Federal? which federal spouse AGI and total Income should I include in MA form? Her individual ones or the global ones of 1040 form jointly?

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

You're filing a joint federal and a married filing separate Massachusetts return, I assume.  In that case the spouse AGI is the portion of the AGI attributable to the spouse not filing in Massachusetts.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies