turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

MataMata

I only received 1095-B...what should I do if there is no 1095-A? I was covered by MediCal, but I don't see this option

on this page:
Affordable Care Act, aka: Obamacare (1095-A)
Medicaid
Catastrophic plan
Plan through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Kadian

I only received 1095-B...what should I do if there is no 1095-A? I was covered by MediCal, but I don't see this option

If you have a 1095-B, a form titled Health Coverage, the IRS does NOT need any details from this form. You can keep any 1095-B forms you get from your health insurance company or the government agency that sponsors your plan for your records.

On that page, do not check any of the boxes since none of them applies to you. Just click the continue button. 

MataMata

It forces me "Choose an option to continue."
MataMata

"What if I don't see my plan type?" doesn't work either
Kadian

Click on the Federal Taxes tab > Health Insurance > click the radio button next to "I had health insurance all year" > Click continue > answer NO to "Was anyone enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2016?" > hit continue... you should get to a screen that says "That's all we need on your 2016 coverage".
MataMata

What I saw was "Was anyone covered by any of these plans in 2016?" (NOT "less common") and I answered "No"...is that the correct answer for my case?
Kadian

Yes, that's the correct one (TurboTax uses different verbiage depending on the version you're using) but yes, that's the question.
MataMata

Many thanks! BTW, could you answer my question here: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3958859">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3958859</a>
Kadian

I'll forward you other questions to one of our experts.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies