Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mac OS Version for TurboTax 2023

After I downloaded TurboTax 2022 to my Mac, I discovered I was unable to use it because it was not compatible with my OS (currently Catalina 10.15.7).  My Mac will not update to the OS versions which were compatible with TurboTax 2022.  I ended up using TurboTax Online for my 2022 tax return.

Has this been fixed for 2023?  I can not find the OS compatibility at this stage.  I called TurboTax but the agent was not sure.  Will TurboTax Advantage 2023 work on this Mac OS?  Or will I need to use the on-line version again this year (or buy a new computer).   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Fixed?  There is nothing to fix.  Each year there are new system requirements.   And they never go back to include older computers.   Desktop System Requirements

TurboTax CD/Download 2022-2023 System Requirements

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Fixed?  There is nothing to fix.  Each year there are new system requirements.   And they never go back to include older computers.   Desktop System Requirements

TurboTax CD/Download 2022-2023 System Requirements

If your OS did not meet the system requirements for the 2022 desktop software, be assured it will not be meet the system requirements for the 2023 software.   You either need to upgrade your OS--if you can-- or use online for 2023.   Or.....get a new computer.....

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Thanks Volvo Girl.  Yeah, maybe time for an upgrade....

Thanks XmasBaby.  Great answer.  I gave "Best Answer" to VolvoGirl since she replied first (by a little) but yours was great too.  On-line worked last year, I guess I can go that way again.

Or make the decision to leave TurboTax and do your taxes with another company. I personally find this requirement to upgrade every time a new OS comes out  onerous. If you upgrade very time a new OS comes out, then you are set...until your Mac can't do the upgrade..then it's new Mac time. I keep my machines a long time, and if the new OS doesn't have big improvements, I may just skip upgrading.

Thanks Red.  Agreed, I've done just that.  Cheaper than buying a new computer.  

mdock

Facing same problem of not able to upgrade MacOs anymore so can't buy TT software anymore --2014 MacBook Pro.  New computer just to run TurboTax?  I don't think so.  Another lost customer. 

Try 1040.com

$25 to use. Free to file

It's a shame Turbo Tax decided to force you to do the on-line which isn't as good and they force you to a higher level package.  My happy outcome was discovering 1040.com

I wouldn't let Turbo Tax tell me to get another computer or to use their own line version and pay them more for that.  

Try another program.  1040.com is pretty good!

$25 cost to vendor.  No cost to file

Easy enough to use, especially if you are familiar with doing you own taxes.

Thank you Turbo Tax for saving me some money.  

You and I are on the same page.

I just used 1040.com and liked it.

More basic, but if you've been doing your taxes for awhile, simple to use.

$25 to vendor. No cost to file, just comes out of your bank account.

yep, me too.  Try 1040.com

Just used it to do my taxes, and very happy.

$25 cost to vendor.  Free to file using bank account for payment or refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies