RK4

Local Taxes while working remote

Hi ,

My office is in Philadelphia City which has city tax more than 3% and due to COVID situation I was allowed to work remote for more than 9 months. My local taxes is 1% (where i live and worked remote) but my paystub deducted city taxes (more than 3%) for all 12 months of the year. I believe I only need to pay local taxes while i am working remote and city taxes for the period i worked form office (Philadelphia). Am I correct?

I do not see any adjustment feature for this situation in turbotax. Can experts reply what can i do in this situation if I am filing via turbo tax?

Cynthiad66

Local Taxes while working remote

TurboTax does not accommodate this filing but the City has provided a form to fill out and mail.  Philadelphia has updated guidance for its taxpayers where normal work situations have been disrupted by the Covid 19 Pandemic.

Non-resident, salaried employees can use this form to apply for a refund on 2020 Wage Tax for days they were required to work from home by their employer because of the coronavirus pandemic.

2020 Philadelphia City Tax Refund Request

Cynthiad66

Local Taxes while working remote