turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

RK4
Level 2

Local Taxes while working remote

Hi ,

My office is in Philadelphia City which has city tax more than 3% and due to COVID situation I was allowed to work remote for more than 9 months. My local taxes is 1% (where i live and worked remote) but my paystub deducted city taxes (more than 3%) for all 12 months of the year. I believe I only need to pay local taxes while i am working remote and city taxes for the period i worked form office (Philadelphia). Am I correct?

I do not see any adjustment feature for this situation in turbotax. Can experts reply what can i do in this situation if I am filing via turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Cynthiad66
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax does not accommodate this filing but the City has provided a form to fill out and mail.  Philadelphia has updated guidance for its taxpayers where normal work situations have been disrupted by the Covid 19 Pandemic.

Non-resident, salaried employees can use this form to apply for a refund on 2020 Wage Tax for days they were required to work from home by their employer because of the coronavirus pandemic.

2020 Philadelphia City Tax Refund Request

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Cynthiad66
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax does not accommodate this filing but the City has provided a form to fill out and mail.  Philadelphia has updated guidance for its taxpayers where normal work situations have been disrupted by the Covid 19 Pandemic.

Non-resident, salaried employees can use this form to apply for a refund on 2020 Wage Tax for days they were required to work from home by their employer because of the coronavirus pandemic.

2020 Philadelphia City Tax Refund Request

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Manage cookies