turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

swipesjr

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

Nope not me . I check every morning...

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

Nadda...
jenine

abuhayaa124 try reading the comments before asking the SAME question everyone else is asking..... everyone that has the EIC is having their refund held.... not just you.... you're not special... lmao

Lmao... Well thank u...!

I am in the same situation as most of you here, I can't even get any information on yours my refund page which is really frustrating! Additionally, I know of at least three people with EIC that filed their taxes 3 to 4 days after I filed mine and they have their refund! What the determination is where the law applies to some people but is not applicable to others when we're all in the same EIC category I am not sure? Additionally I don't know what their algorithm is for how they process the returns it definitely is not in the order that they are received because people can file their return days after others and still get their refund way before people that filed it in advance? When I called the IRS one of the workers even admitted that she'd been hearing from a lot of people with EIC have already received their returns. No one can explain any Rhyme or Reason as to why some people are getting there returns early and others have there's on a hold for awaiting. The whole thing is super confusing to me and feels somewhat hypocritical as the law should be the law there shouldn't be certain people that the law does not apply to if it is genuinely a law it should be the same all the way around for everyone! However that doesn't seem to be the case. And if you ask if there's a problem or if there's missing information or if there's anything you need to do on your end your told that your case cannot even be looked at before there's a 21 holding day. Before they can even start processing your return? I don't think it's fair I don't think the IRS should be discriminating against certain tax returns especially when they're processing certain tax returns in the exact same EIC category! I feel everybody should be chiming in on this and making a big deal of this point I wouldn't feel it was as big of a deal if it wasn't for the fact that there is one hundred percent for sure people that are E I see that are getting their returns early and the already for sure 100% for sure have their returns!

Has anyone received any updates on their status as of today?
harpoleon

Maybe after midnight
harpoleon

Actually 3 am

@rdejesus83 no, you will know by Saturday though

Just got update on WMR too we have received your refund and it is being processed instead of the path act message

@espinozabertha83 what date did you file

Same here.  Finally after accepting on Jan 19th

I filed Jan 15 was accepted on Jan 19th
harpoleon

Let's say another 2 to 3 weeks

@kyragabriella04  I filed on 01/18 accepted 01/19. I'm able to order acct transcript but not return.also says on transcript my return was processed on 02/12 so makes no sense
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies