timsitsv

Late filing 2017 taxes

.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Late filing 2017 taxes

since the IRS says it has your 2017 payment they will take it into account.  FYI the late filing penalty for 2017 is $225 the late payment penalty is 6.5% of the amount owed (13 months late at .5%/month) interest is about 7.1% of the amount owed. 

Late filing 2017 taxes

Your 2017 taxes owed were due and payable no later than April 15, 2018,  Since you paid the taxes owed after that date the IRS will be sending you a bill in the mail for the late payment penalty and the interest owed on the unpaid taxes.

timsitsv

Late filing 2017 taxes

.

Late filing 2017 taxes

@timsitsv wrote:

I was wondering why I haven’t gotten any mail from them for that year. The tax lady I worked with today told me the IRS would mail out to the address they have on file for that tax year. I moved two years ago from that address. I wonder if perhaps this whole time they have been mailing out to that address regarding that year. 

Thank you for your response. 

Go to this IRS website for information on change of an address -  https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes

timsitsv

Late filing 2017 taxes

.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Late filing 2017 taxes