emeraldstarr

Last year my blended tax rate was 79%. This year my taxable income is less, but my blended tax rate is showing as 204%. Why is turbo tax calculating it so high?

We did not have any significant life changes this year other than letting go of one of our part-time jobs. I would think a lower income would mean a lower tax bracket. So why is my blended tax rate so high?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It is an accounting term that basically has nothing to do with the tax rate that you actually pay.  I hope they get rid of it next year on TurboTax.

that blended rate includes your self-employment tax and therefore is totally misleading.